How can I get involved with the initiative?
On May 3rd, 2018 the Bend City Council officially voted to move forward with creating an urban renewal area in the Bend Central District! Now, the real work begins. Creating the urban renewal plan is a process that will take more than a year, and we are excited to energize the community to be a part of it.
A plan for the Community, by the Community
The City of Bend is in the beginning phases of setting up their process for creating an urban renewal plan. If urban renewal is recommended, we hope the plan will be created and adopted by the end of 2019. Over the next year and a half, the BCD Initiative will be advocating for an urban renewal area plan that reflects the community’s needs and vision.
Apply for the Urban Renewal Advisory Board
The Bend Urban Renewal Advisory Board will oversee planning for the Bend Central District’s revitalization. Please consider applying to this board so that you can give a voice to the community’s vision for the BCD. There will be 13 members fitting the following roles:
- Four at-large community members
- Local developer with long term interest in the central area of Bend
- A (former) member of the UGB Steering committee
- Multi-modal transportation professional
- Business owner inside the feasibility study area
- Resident inside the feasibility study area or a representative nominated by a Neighborhood Association
- Builder – Multi-family and/or Mixed use
- Residential and commercial financing professional
- Social Service organization representative
- Cascades East Transit representative or a transit dependent resident
Find the application here and submit yours by September 7th, 2018: https://www.bendoregon.gov/gov
Join our mailing list
Click here to join our email list so you can stay up to date on the BCD Initiative’s work and receive periodic updates regarding our progress in making sure the Bend Central District lives up to its potential.
Share this page
Spread the word about our plans by sharing this page with your friends/followers on Facebook and Twitter. And don’t forget to like our Facebook page so we can keep in touch with you through social media as well.